Patient and Family Partners
Become our Partner in Care – volunteer as a Patient and Family Partner.
Providence Health Care is inviting Patient and Family Partner volunteers to join our leaders, staff and medical staff to make the care we provide to patients/residents and their families even better. Your perspective and engagement will help improve the care experience at Providence to become more person and family-centred.
- Eager to help us improve health care?
- Interested in projects, research, programs or policy developments that will affect the care experience of patients and their families?
- Excited about serving as an advisor and partner to help make key decisions?
- Willing to share insights and information about your own health care experiences?
- Willing to devote at least three hours per month participating in different ways such as meetings, email, workshops?
If so, we’d like to invite you to become a Patient and Family Partner at Providence Health Care!
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Your role as a Patient and Family Partner would be to bring not just your own experience but the general experience of a patient/family member to regular committee meetings. You would need to be comfortable speaking about your health care experiences – what was good, and what could have been done differently. Ideally we will have people with a variety of backgrounds, ages and experiences represented on our committees.
Attendance and participation at regular meetings.
Volunteers will have a screening interview and will need to sign a confidentiality agreement.
TO BECOME A PATIENT AND FAMILY PARTNER:
Please contact Person and Family Centred Care