Spiritual Health Practitioner
Within the context of a patient/client and family centered model of care and, in accordance with the Mission, Vision, Values, and strategic directions of Providence Health Care, promotes a safe, respectful, and civil working environment for patients, residents, families, visitors and staff.
The Spiritual Health Practitioner (SHP) is accountable to the Spiritual Health Manager and the designated leader(s) of their assigned work areas. The SHP works in collaboration with and is part of the interdisciplinary team in their assigned work areas.
The SHP’s role is to provide comprehensive spiritual care and emotional support to patients, residents, clients, families and health care staff in a manner that is appropriate to belief systems and cultural diversity.
- A relevant Master’s Degree (Theology, Pastoral Studies, Spirituality) from an accredited theological institution
- One advanced unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) or an equivalent combination of education, and/or experience.
- Endorsement by a recognized faith tradition/group and membership with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC), preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to acknowledge and respect different expressions of spirituality without imposing personal religious beliefs.
- Demonstrated ability to approach spiritual health issues in a person-centered manner with insight, discernment and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle stressful situations with sensitivity, compassion, gentleness, caring and approachability.
- Demonstrated ability to work in accordance with Providence Health Care’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and activities.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
The Gastrointestinal (GI) Clinic located at St. Paul’s Hospital provides endoscopic procedures on an outpatient, inpatient, and emergency basis.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project