Senior Data Analyst, Foundry
Foundry delivers a health and wellness experience for youth from ages 12 to 24 by providing access to primary care, mental health and substance use services, peer support, and social services. This role is based out of Foundry Central Office located in downtown Vancouver, with hybrid work options available. If you thrive in a diverse and fast-paced environment, enjoy creative problem-solving, and are passionate about mobilizing information to support youth and families, this is the team for you! To learn more about Foundry and the care and services we provide: https://foundrybc.ca/
As Senior Data Analyst you will work as part of an innovative and collaborative Research, Evaluation and Data (RED) team, providing leadership for strategic data initiatives. You will work in close collaboration with Foundry Central Office evaluators and researchers in the development, management and analysis of various datasets (e.g., survey data, health administrative data). You enjoy analyzing data and communicating the findings through data visualization and storytelling. You will be involved in complex analyses of healthcare data to develop a wide range of deliverables for different audiences. Through your career to date, you have gained a strong understanding of data quality frameworks (including meta-data) and data mobilization (including use of BI tools). You are action-oriented, with a focus on continual learning and improvement. You enjoy working as part of a team, approach projects with enthusiasm, have strong communication skills, and can relate data to real-world problems.
SummaryReporting to the Evaluation and Quality Improvement Leader, the Data Analyst is responsible for leading the design, maintaining and enhancing data collection and reporting through the in-house data platform, a technological solution that supports evaluation and data collection of youth, family and clinician reported outcomes across Foundry Centres.
Under the direction of the Evaluation and Quality Improvement Leader, and in partnership with the Foundry Central team, and Foundry Centres, the Data Analyst will be responsible for supporting the implementation and operation of the in-house data platform at Foundry Centres across the Province.
Duties include managing confidential information, extracting and staging health care data; preparing data sets and databases; analyzing, auditing and monitoring data; and documenting and finalizing reporting requirements in line with guidelines and timelines. The position is also responsible for planning, establishment, maintenance and evaluation of related databases.
The Data Analyst is a member of a complex multi-disciplinary team including senior leaders, physicians and health care staff from various provincial ministries (e.g. MOH, MCFD), and, health authorities and non-profit organizations. This position will send to and receive confidential patient data from these various stakeholders.
- Effective communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment involving diverse program partners in health and social service, including physician and nursing communities
- Knowledge of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.), with attention to security and confidentiality
- Knowledge of modern database and information system technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work with large data sets and extrapolate conclusions from large data sets
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently, and collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to apply decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, coordinate, and organize work
- Ability to operate required equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, plus five (5) years’ experience in data management or analysis, and experience with MS Excel, SPSS, R, SAS and other related applications, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Designs, maintains and enhances data collection and reporting systems across Foundry Centres through partnership with ShiftHealth using the in-house data platform.
- Coordinates and produces comprehensive, timely and quality data sets; extracts, stages, cleans, analyzes, reconciles, data and produces reports and presentations for use by stakeholders and members of the leadership team by:
- Developing, implementing and managing compliance with established operating procedures for in-house database use at Foundry Centres and Foundry Central Office;
- Developing data cleaning methods to perform quality control on data collected across Foundry sites to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data;
- Managing all incoming data files on the in-house database for Foundry Centres;
- Streamlining data collection and analysis procedures to ensure efficient access to metrics; and
- Providing Foundry Centres and Foundry Central Office with access to essential data sets.
- Collaborates with the Evaluation Leader to develop evaluation reports and other documents required for program evaluation, performance and tracking to identify opportunities to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Maintains Foundry BC databases to ensure data integrity by:
- Providing data and database-related technical assistance, user support, and troubleshooting to Foundry Centres and partners;
- Facilitating and supporting standard data entry, data analysis, and generation of reports across Foundry Centres and identifies errors and takes corrective action as required;
- Managing privacy and security processes relating to the in-house database including the development and implementation of efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects;
- Generating and reviewing documentation for all database changes; and
- Providing recommendations for software, hardware and data storage upgrades;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
This position will provide Physiotherapy in our Ambulatory Clinic at St. Paul’s Hospital.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project