RN/RPN Mental Health
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Providence Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
Reporting to the Operations Leader, the Mental Health Nurse, assesses, identifies, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care required to assist patients/residents in meeting their physical, social, spiritual and psychological needs. The Staff Nurse works within an interdisciplinary clinical framework in accordance with the CRNBC/CRPNBC Standards of Practice and consistent with the mission, vision and values and established protocols of Providence Health Care.
- Registered Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia or, in Residential Care and Mental Health a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia.
- Completion of the Basic Cardiac Life Support Course, Level C.
- One year recent experience in general/community psychiatry or one year recent medical/surgical experience in psychiatric nursing.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work as a member in an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to apply decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to teach
- Ability to provide clinical directions
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
Are you an experienced procurement leadership professional? Do you excel in planning, communication, negotiation and leadership? Does the stability of a career in Healthcare interest you?…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project