RN Outpatient - Renal Baseline Relief
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Providence Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
SummaryReporting to the Patient Care Manager, the Staff Nurse:
- assesses, identifies, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care required to assist patients/residents in meeting their physical, social, spiritual and psychological needs using an established framework for nursing practice.
- develops, implements, evaluates and revises the plan of care
- incorporates individual and/or group teaching into the care plan and nursing interventions and/or makes referrals to other identified resources
- supports other nurses and health care professionals by collegially sharing information and demonstrating procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) procedures appropriate for the area of service.
- Ability to work as a member in an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to apply decision making and analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to role model conflict resolution strategies.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to teach and identify patient/resident learning needs.
- Ability to lead patient/family group sessions.
- Ability to provide clinical direction.
EducationCurrent practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives, or in Residential Care and Mental Health, current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives.
Two years recent related renal experience, including 1 year of patient teaching experience.
DutiesReviews patient/resident status through methods such as reviewing the patient/resident chart and other written information, patient/resident observation, interviewing patient/resident and family members, completion of questionnaires, collateral information and consultation with peers and other members of the health care team.
Assesses patient/resident problems and needs, plans, implements, evaluates and prioritizes nursing care and nursing interventions and develops the plan of care for patients/residents using clinical judgement and evidence-based practice.
Provides nursing care according to identified policies and procedures, technology and PHC standards.
Monitors patient/resident progress, evaluates outcomes, reassesses if goals are not met, and modifies plan of care based on evaluation.
Records observations and reports problems and/or changes in patient/resident condition to designated staff.
Provides direct nursing interventions for management of crisis and life threatening situations.
Documents information including assessments, plan of care, patient/resident status and progress and discharge plans in a manual and/or computerized environment.
Accompanies patients in medical transport vehicles as required by the employer.
Identifies and responds to patient/resident and family learning needs, provides patient educational and reference materials, incorporates individual and/or group teaching activities into the care plan and nursing interventions, and/or makes referrals to other identified resources. Leads group patient/family sessions as required and coaches patient/resident/family to develop and maintain health promoting behaviours within the context of the care issue.
Provides direction to other staff such as Care Attendants and Licensed Practical Nurses with regard to patient/resident care and facilitates effective team work. Responsibilities include but are not limited to collegial sharing of information, demonstrating and/or providing guidance on related tasks, providing incidental or ad hoc input into staff performance, ensuring staff are aware of assignments and reassigning clinical/health related tasks.
Participates in nursing orientation and shares clinical knowledge with other nursing staff, nursing students and other members of the interdisciplinary team. Participates in and attends in-service presentations and other educational programs as required.
Participates in planning, implementation and evaluation of patient/resident care policies, procedures, education materials, and best practices through methods such as taking part in program and quality improvement activities including nursing practice council, clinical pathway development, research and education and other committees.
Supports nursing research through methods such as identifying areas for possible clinical nursing research projects, adapting research to practice and participating in research activities to enhance nursing practice.
Facilitates discharge plans and liaises with families and community resources agencies.
Advocates for the patients/residents, to protect and promote their rights to dignity, respect, privacy, confidentiality, autonomy and access to information.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
We are hiring a Regular Part Time, Grade 2, Occupational Therapist to work in Long Term Care at Holy Family Rehab Hospital. Growth potential for aspiring leader!
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project