Respiratory Therapist I
Under the direction of the Professional Practice Leader, the Respiratory Therapist provides services related to pulmonary diagnostic testing, respiratory therapy, and critical care services. Assists the department with educational responsibilities as required. and/or guide others in conflict resolution issues.
- Graduation from a recognized school of Respiratory Therapy and Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) Certified.
- Recent Basic Cardiac Life Support certification.
- Assesses, designs, implements and evaluates Respiratory Therapy care for patients and documents treatment plans and results.
Assesses, monitors and discontinues oxygen therapy for patients.
Assesses need, mode of delivery, status of patients for bronchodilator therapy.
- Performs diagnostic procedures related to pulmonary function testing. Calibrates and maintains a variety of equipment such as laboratory and ventilators and ventilators adjuncts and maintains accepted quality control as outlined in the Departmental and Associations standards.
- Assists Physicians with bronchoscopies by providing technical support, set-up, tissue, and sample procurement.
- Prepares and sets up patients for over-night oximetry and sleep apnea screening. Downloads data and charts into the computerized system.
- Performs a variety of procedures such as arterial line insertions, arterial blood gas punctures and drawing blood from radial and Swan Ganz catheters for gas analysis.
- Initiates, maintains, and monitors patients receiving mechanical ventilation in the critical care areas as per unit specific protocol.
- Reports abnormalities or concerns to the Professional Practice Leader, Respiratory Services or to the area supervisor.
- Assesses patients on critical care respiratory modalities and performs the required weaning protocol and/or discontinuance of the systems.
- Provides airway control and resuscitation skills in cardiorespiratory arrests and trauma calls as an active member of the cardiac arrest and trauma teams.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
Providence Health Care is looking for Operating Room (OR) Registered Nurses. St. Paul’s Hospital is home to a 12 room tertiary level operating suite.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project