Are you passionate about creating health system change? Do you want to make meaningful change for people who use substances? Do you enjoy working on a variety of projects? We’re seeking an articulate, passionate, organized and reliable individual to join our team as a Project Manager at the BC Centre on Substance Use. This position can work remotely with periodic need to come into the office, applicant must live in BC. Salary for this position ranges between $77,000-$111,000. Cover letters are encouraged.
SUMMARY OF ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
Within the context of a client and family centred model of care and, in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Providence Health Care, the person promotes a safe, respectful, and civil working environment for patients, residents, families, visitors and staff.
Reporting to the Director/Manager/Leader (or designate), the Project Manager provides organizational planning, oversight and coordination for the implementation of project(s) of medium to large scope and complexity that may impact multiple sites of the organization and/or partner organizations. Coordinates project activities to ensure project deliverables are completed on time and on budget. Works collaboratively and inspires others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication of project vision, and ensuring the culture is one in which individual competencies can thrive. Liaises with operational leaders, staff, vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure site(s) readiness and assists with the management of the change at the site(s) level. Leads diverse project team(s) and coordinates related activities. Effectively manages project resources. Communicates with stakeholders, and all levels of staff and management on the scope and status of the project and acts as a resource. Liaises with consultants and other external agencies, as needed. In addition, the Project Manager develops briefing papers, reports, and presentations ensuring the timely and effective implementation of decisions. Participates on committees and working groups as required.
- Works with other members of the project leadership team to establish detailed project charters, plans, and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables.
- Executes project plan according to project methodologies, ensures successful and coordinated completion of project components, facilitates consensus with stakeholders as needed, and ensures readiness for project implementation.
- Tracks project progress according to project plan, monitors and reports on the status of projects and major issues/obstacles encountered. Makes recommendations regarding project scope changes.
- Uses best utilization methods to thoroughly monitor and adhere to allocated budgets.
- Acts as a resource to project team and staff, provides support and maintains project timelines.
- Contributes to the implementation of effective processes to ensure project success and to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Meets with stakeholders, explains parameters of project and seeks input from the cross functional team leaders. Works collaboratively with team members to establish roles and responsibilities, identify skills required and supports needed by the team.
- Discusses timelines for project and directs work of team members as applicable to project. Ensures team members receive applicable orientation and/or training, provides input into recruitment, selection and performance issues and actions discipline, if required
- Manages and monitors project budget and liaises with the Director/Manager/Leader (or designate) on variances and/or other issues.
- Works in collaboration with organizational and project leadership and other stakeholders to develop a process of evaluation for project outcomes, data collection and analysis.
- Ensures accurate and timely communications to stakeholders including monitoring the communication processes between the project team, and internal and external stakeholders and introducing changes where required. Provides regular status reports to project leadership including reporting on milestones.
- Develops briefing papers, reports and presentations, researching elements as required, to support timely decision-making and implementation.
- Participates on a variety of committees and establishes positive working relationships in order to ensure successful outcomes and cooperation from others on the project.
- Plans and executes handover to operational teams at the conclusion of the project.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Baccalaureate degree in a relevant field and five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience that includes managing medium to large projects, preferably directly with health care organizations.
- Eligible for registration and/or registration with an applicable licensing body may be required depending on project.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management concepts, tools and methodologies.
- Broad knowledge of health care systems including understanding the interface between primary, acute, community, research and academic environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of best practices for change management and change leadership.
- Knowledge of budget management, funding and project administration.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, rules and regulations and best practices within the sector.
- Ability to utilize initiative, vision, independent and analytical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Ability to interact productively and professionally with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders within a complex interdisciplinary environment including physician, nursing and other health professional communities.
- Effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation skills to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated ability to motivate and mentor others.
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Functional knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
The British Columbia Ministry of Health’s Office of Patient-Centred Measurement, based at Providence Health Care, oversees the planning and implementation of a large-scale patient survey program across sectors.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project