Porter Ward Aide
GENERAL APPLICATION—Providence Health Care continuously accepts casual Porter Ward Aide applications through this website. Should we have an opportunity to bring new talent on board, we will be in touch with you.
SummaryReporting to the Leader or designate, the porter performs a variety of duties, including:
- transporting patients, equipment and supplies
- cleaning and stocking equipment, cupboards and carts
- picking up and delivering equipment, supplies and other items
- performing related clerical duties such as photocopying
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
EducationGrade 10, plus one year’s recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Transports patients as required to other units, diagnostic areas, or morgue and under the direction of nursing staff. Assists with transfer of patients as directed and under the guidance of the patient care aide or nurse using appropriate equipment such as wheelchairs or stretchers.
- Stocks ward supply carts and completes paperwork for additional stock.
- Cleans equipment such as wheelchairs, IV poles, linen carts, medication carts, and suction equipment. Performs general tidying in unit according to cleaning schedules, including cleaning cupboards, and shelves.
- Runs errands as assigned or noted in the Ward Aide book such as picking up/dropping off laboratory specimens and/or supplies, picking up miscellaneous items as requested and approved by the patient/Nurse. Picks up and drops off stat orders from Pharmacy and Laboratory.
- Picks up equipment from various areas within the hospital and delivers to appropriate location as assigned. Picks up and delivers sterile equipment and locates missing equipment such as wheelchairs, lakeside carts, stretchers, and IV poles. Transports broken equipment for repair.
- Picks up charts, discharge summaries, admission slips from Medical Records and Admitting. Performs clerical duties such as photocopying.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
Providence Health Care accepts casual Patient Care Aide applications through this website. We are looking for candidates who can provide at least 3 availabilities per week (weekdays and weekend). Applicants must be registered with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry.
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project