Organizational Development Consultant
SUMMARY OF ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
Within the context of a client and family centred model of care and, in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Providence Health Care, the person promotes a safe, respectful, and civil working environment for patients, residents, families, visitors and staff.
Reporting to the Director, Organizational Development, the Consultant, Organizational Development provides advice and support aimed at building organizational effectiveness and resilience and is key to fostering a learning environment that promotes open conversation, effective problem solving, innovation and creativity. As a member of the Organizational Development team the Consultant provides organization-wide and program specific services to support PHC’s Mission Forward strategic objectives and enhance individual, team and organizational capacity and effectiveness. Services include consulting, coaching, talent management and facilitation in areas such as leadership, team effectiveness, and transformational change. The Consultant, working with other members of the Organizational Development team and organizational partners, designs and delivers leadership and employee development programs.
- Provides consulting and coaching to leaders and organizational partners on transformational change and other organizational development opportunities.
- Coaches leaders in expanding and applying leadership competencies and developing their teams and team members including facilitating learning conversations.
- Collaborates with leaders and other organizational partners to analyze and clarify complex program issues, objectives and opportunities; develops strategies and plans to enhance performance.
- Designs, implements and evaluates strategies and interventions to enhance individual, team, and program effectiveness, stimulates employee engagement and retention, promotes learning and facilitates change including teambuilding, visioning, strategic planning, Transformational change and transition management.
- Develops plans and implements strategies to reinforce learning and support application in the workplace; ensures integration and alignment of training and organizational development programs and services.
- Works with Organizational Development team and other organizational partners to design and develop courses and programs using a variety of training modalities. Delivers training and evaluates program quality and effectiveness.
- Researches and monitors trends in training and organization development and assesses impact, fit and benefit to the organization. Shares knowledge with organizational partners.
- Supports talent management activities including assessment, development planning, succession planning, career paths, talent pools, performance management, engagement and retention.
- Provides expertise and recommendations to various committees and working groups regarding training and organizational development issues.
- Leads and contributes to projects and programs as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master’s Degree in Organizational Development, Organizational Effectiveness, Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Adult Education or related discipline and five (5) year’s recent relevant experience preferably in a complex healthcare organization.
Skills and Abilities
•Trainer certifications preferred include MBTI, Leadership Circle, Clear Leadership, Human Systems Dynamics, Consulting, Coaching, and Training.
•Certified Coach Credential (ICF) and/or CPHR designation is an asset.
•Comprehensive knowledge of current organizational development theory, methodologies and tools including change management and transition, systems thinking, leadership and team development.
•Demonstrated coaching, consulting and facilitation skills.
•Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relations and to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
•Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
•Ability to independently organize workload in a customer focused environment that includes high volume, frequent interruptions, multiple tasks, and shifting priorities and deadlines.
•Ability to clearly communicate detailed and complex information both orally and in writing to a variety of internal and external clients and coworkers.
•Ability to assess, design, implement and evaluate learning strategies and methodologies based on adult learning principles and practices.
•Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
We are looking for Registered Nurses that have a passion for providing care to patients with complex health needs. Our Urban Health Medical Unit at St.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project