New Grad Physiotherapist
We create a culture where every person can learn, grow, imagine and bring forward new ideas. Providence Health Care has an extraordinary track record of research and discovery — an enterprise that we plan to scale up and bring to every corner of Providence. We are hiring new graduates Physiotherapists to join our team across PHC! We offer team based care, mentorship programs, paid vacation, medical and dental benefits, in addition to a great work-life balance.
Reporting to the Operations Leader and working under the clinical direction of the Professional Practice Leader, Physiotherapy, plans, organizes and implements patient/resident care programs to prevent or alleviate movement dysfunction, maintain and improve patient/resident’s potential to function. Responsible for all clinical aspects of assigned caseload as they relate to Physiotherapy practice within the Mission, Vision and Values of Providence Health Care. Consults with members of the health care team regarding patient response to treatment and goals and long term care plans.
- Performs physiotherapy assessment and treatment, including patient/resident education and follow-up, utilizing recognized physiotherapy techniques and practices. Educates/counsels patients/residents, families and other team members through individual and/or group teaching methods such as one to one demonstration, in-services and providing teaching materials.
- Contributes to the care team by promoting an interdisciplinary approach to patient/resident care.
- Provides clinical education and supervision to students as required.
- Participates in the quality assurance activities of physiotherapy such as the development, implementation, and evaluation of written procedures, standards; forms and patient/resident education materials and goals and objectives.
- Maintains patient/resident records by methods such as documenting patient/resident assessments, charting patient/resident information, preparing progress notes and reports in accordance with established standards, and policies and procedures to meet regulatory requirements and documenting for future reference.
- Acts as a resource to staff regarding areas of physiotherapy practice, such as effective body mechanics, ergonomic assessments and back care.
- Supports clinical research activities by generating questions, assisting in writing proposals, and participating in data collection and interpretation, within resources.
- Maintains knowledge of current developments in physiotherapy by reviewing professional literature, consulting with other professionals, and actively participating in relevant education programs.
- Provides work direction to support staff assigned to services area regarding treatment, preparation, and patient/resident related activities.
- Monitors and controls levels of supplies and equipment, and reports equipment malfunctions when necessary.
- Arranges for equipment maintenance as required. Maintains administrative reporting such as completion of workload measurement information. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree in Physiotherapy, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC. Eligible for membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and deal effectively with, patients/residents, families, staff, physicians, and other health care providers. Demonstrated ability to gather relevant data and make a multi-dimensional assessment. Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient/resident care.
- Demonstrated ability to draw out information that will contribute to understanding the patient/resident’s situation in order to explore issues beyond the initial concerns. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in conflict resolution issues. Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize issues and workload.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to participate in research.
- Ability to provide supervision and teaching to students. Demonstrated ability to develop and provide in-services and presentations.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
We are hiring a Regular Part Time, Grade 2, Occupational Therapist to work in Long Term Care at Holy Family Rehab Hospital. Growth potential for aspiring leader!
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project