SummaryUnder the direction of the Professional Practice Leader, Music Therapy the Music Therapist uses music as the primary modality to assess and treat patients and serves as a resource to rehabilitation staff, particularly in Extended Care, and to the interdisciplinary team. Performs related educational and assigned administrative duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to problem solve effectively.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Baccalaureate degree from recognized Music Therapy Program and one (1) year of recent related experience in an extended care setting, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Eligible for registration with the Canadian Association of Music Therapists (CAMT).
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
Join Providence and help us provide the best care to our patients and residents. This role will provide expert Indigenous Cultural Safety guidance, management, education and follow up with specific focus on clinical practice and point-of-care experience for Indigenous patients.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project