Leader, Procurement and Contract Management
Are you an experienced procurement leadership professional? Do you excel in planning, communication, negotiation and leadership? Does the stability of a career in Healthcare interest you? We are searching for the right person to take on the role of Leader, Procurement and Contract Management with Providence Healthcare. Apply Below!
Reporting to Chief Financial Officer and Vice President, Health Informatics & Corporate Development, the Leader, Procurement and Contract Management is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing a consistent framework for non-clinical procurement and contract management to meet the business needs of PHC. Works closely with internal and external stakeholders as a key enabler to execute non-clinical procurement according to professional procurement standards that supports PHC’s strategic plan and operational priorities Major functions include strategic procurement execution, contract management, coordination of implementation activities and reporting on savings and other outcomes. Responsible for ensuring that service areas comply to legal, financial and other requirements as set out in applicable policies; along with building ethical, efficient and economical supply chains to positively impact our organization. The position leads operational areas in and partners with PHSA Supply Chain teams to ensure optimal coordination and no overlap in activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge in procurement, strategic sourcing, economic analysis, risk management, contracting and contract management.
- A detailed understanding of strategic planning and program/service/department operational plans goals, objectives, strategies and priorities.
- In-depth knowledge of organizational change management methodologies, tools and approaches.
- Extensive knowledge of project management principles, practices, methods, standards, tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to engage and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the ability to build effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze operational problems and recommend innovative solutions.
- Strong collaboration, communication, stakeholder engagement, facilitation and change management skills
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to write and present business cases.
- Proven ability to think creatively and develop ideas.
- Ability to work in an integrated team environment and thus gain an understanding of the business opportunities.
EducationA level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline, certified professional purchaser designation and seven (7) years’ related, progressive leadership experience in procurement/contract management roles that includes extensive experience working in complex, multi-site organizations. Membership in Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM) is an asset.
- Consults with relevant stakeholders to assess and identify needs for building and implementing a consistent non-clinical procurement framework by applying professional procurement standards and incorporating industry insights and innovations. Provides strategic project management and leads the planning, development, coordination and implementation of the framework to support the key strategic and operational priorities of PHC.
- Measures and monitors all deliverables, quality and key performance indicators, to ensure service standard and contract service requirements are met. Ensures all reporting, data collection and financial tracking required by contracts are completed and forwarded to appropriate stakeholders and reported on a continuous basis to ensure a ethical and efficient non clinical procurement supply chain is achieved.
- Prepares business case and issue analyses, impact assessments and risk evaluations by gathering facts, analyzing business issues, drawing conclusions and making recommendations. Provides strategic support to operations leaders at all levels on complex, multi-stakeholder, multi-disciplinary inquiries as it relates to procurement and contract management.
- Leads and/or participates on committees as required to provide a corporate perspective to identify leverage opportunities as well as potential conflicts and risks between stakeholders.
- Determine ways to continuously improve PHC’s approach, tools and processes and drive the implementation of procurement initiatives to deliver improved value for money through PHC’s contractual commitments.
- Manages key internal and external stakeholder relationships on behalf of PHC and ensures a high level of customer service and service delivery across PHC. Provides professional procurement practice recommendations to standardize and align non-clinical procurement within PHC to improve future service contracts as well as enhance consistency, transparency and performance.
- Provides ongoing advice to operational areas regarding procurement to ensure PHC is leveraging on exiting supplier and contractual agreements such as advising on existing specialized knowledge, techniques, software, capital or equipment that are already available within PHC. Influencing the decision making of procurement by discussing the quality and functionality of the product/service and the ability to acquire it at less risk and cost due to economies of scale and standing arrangements with vendors. Makes recommendations to executive staff on significant changes impacting the organization and operations.
- Leads organization in complying with applicable laws, regulatory requirements, financial management guidelines and applicable policies related to professional procurement standards and contract management. Initiates review and makes recommendations on scope change requirements, and develops communication strategies regarding procurement and contract management processes in conjunction with corporate communications staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
Passionate about driving impact through data? Skilled at transforming data into compelling narratives? Want to join a fun team invested in social justice and substance use care in British Columbia?…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project