Evaluation Lead, Foundry
As Evaluation Lead you will work as part of an innovative and collaborative Research, Evaluation and Data (RED) team, providing leadership for strategic evaluation initiatives. You will work in close collaboration with Foundry Central Office leadership and the Foundry network to lead the refresh of Foundry’s evaluation framework. Additionally, you will support a team of skilled evaluators to develop and implement evaluation plans and design deliverables for different audiences. Through your career to date, you have gained a strong understanding of evaluation methods and frameworks, ways to effectively communicate evaluation findings, and build capacity in evaluative thinking. You are action-oriented and passionate about engaging and empowering young people. You have a focus on continual learning and improvement and a commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI). You enjoy working as part of a team, approach projects with enthusiasm, have strong communication skills, and have experience using evaluation outcomes to shape organizational learning.
SUMMARY OF ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
Within the context of a patient, client and family centred model of care and, in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Providence Health Care, promotes a safe, respectful, and civil working environment for patients, residents, families, visitors and staff.
Reporting to the Provincial Director, Research, Evaluation and Data, the Evaluation Lead provides leadership in the development and implementation of the evaluation strategy for Foundry. The Evaluation Lead is responsible for establishing evaluation plans and identifying indicators, overseeing data analyses and reporting. The Lead will create and implement evaluation frameworks that are co-developed to meet the needs of the Foundry Network and draw on a range of qualitative and quantitative datasets. The Lead prepares evaluation reports and deliverables including designed to enable organizational learning and improvement. Supports strategic research and data initiatives in consultation with the Research, Evaluation and Data (RED) leadership team. Works in partnership with Foundry Centres and the Foundry Central Office team to design evaluation activities that meet the needs of the Foundry Network and funding partners or agencies. Works collaboratively with Foundry’s provincial, national and international partners and supports information exchange related to evaluation learnings and practices.
- Provides leadership in the development and implementation of Foundry’s evaluation strategy. Plans, coordinates, and implements Foundry’s Evaluation Framework to support continuous learning and improvement.
- Maximizes integration of Foundry’s evaluation activities by working collaboratively with partners provincially, nationally and internationally.
- Works collaboratively with Foundry’s Community Engagement, Indigenous Wellness, Knowledge Translation, Services and Policy teams and partners to ensure that Foundry’s evaluation and data collection efforts are context informed and include consideration of youth, families, Indigenous peoples, government and other partners.
- Leads the development of evaluation plans by overseeing literature reviews, identifying partners and collaborators, and supporting the creation of evaluation frameworks and associated measurement plans. Leads the identification of meaningful key performance indicators for structure, process, and outcomes, and the development of the evaluation designs and data collection methods, specification of data collection instruments, and develops data analysis plans for both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Works with Foundry’s Research, Evaluation & Data (RED) leadership team in support of establishing and sustaining a data governance strategy for Foundry.
- Works collaboratively with the data team on maintaining Foundry’s Minimum Data Set, as well as the maintenance of an up-to-date data dictionary that supports research, evaluation, and data team activities. Assesses Foundry’s Minimum Data Set, making changes to ensure the data set is appropriate, effective and enables comparisons with national and international partners .
- Supports the ongoing development and maintenance of Foundry’s data collection systems, including the Toolbox system and other platforms required by Foundry Central Office for data collection.
- Leads the evaluation team and plays a key leadership role in various strategic Research, Evaluation & Data (RED) iniatives that involves overseeing the work of Evaluation team staff, Data and Research team members, Engagement Coordinators, Admin support staff, Project Coordinators and other staff.
- Monitors day-to-day aspects of evaluation including engagement and collaboration on evaluation development and implementation, data collection, collation, analysis and reporting.
- Develops and informs budgets and monitors expenditures for evaluation and other grants received by Foundry, including monitoring compliance with funding requirements for grant administration and monitoring cost centres for relevant grants.
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative data analyses, synthesizes and interprets data, develops written reports and presentations, and presents final results.
- Facilitates Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycles, data interpretation, and use, in ongoing development and refinement of the integrated services model.
- Attends meetings on behalf of the Provincial Director to provide support, guidance and expertise to others undertaking evaluation processes.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education, Training and Experience
Graduate degree in evaluation, research-related science or a social science discipline, plus five (5) years’ experience working in a health care environment, managing evaluations, performance monitoring, or quality improvement, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of health research methodology, principles and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of outcome measurement tools and psychometrics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evaluation approaches including developmental, formative and summative evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to co-develop, manage and conduct evaluations at an organizational, community and systems level.
- Demonstrated ability to lead system initiatives, including project planning and management methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and facilitate multi-partner evaluation initiatives.
- Knowledge of the delivery of care in a public health care system, government processes and health authority structures and responsibilities.
- Effective communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment involving diverse program partners including health care providers, community partners, and youth and families.
- Ability to problem-solve and make decisions independently.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office software and competency in a variety of data analysis and survey design software platforms (e.g. R, SPSS, NVivo, Qualtrics).
- Experience working with large data sets, and generating reports and materials to communicate findings to various audiences in an effective written, visual, and spoken manner.
- Ability to lead and manage responsively in an environment of change and redefinition.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage complex multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage priorities to meet tight deadlines.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
St. Paul’s Emergency Department specializes in complex and multiple diagnosis, surgery and medicine cases including but not limited to neurology/stroke management, gastroenterology, respiratory, renal, cardiovascular, and mental health/substance use patients.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project