Clinic Support Assistant
SummaryReporting to the Operations Leader, Foundry Granville Inner City Youth Program (ICYP), the Clinic Support Assistant performs a variety of administrative, secretarial and general clerical duties such as screening and prioritizing incoming correspondence, maintaining appointment calendars for designated staff, and assists the Clinic in the development and implementation of administrative policies and procedures.
In this role you will also act as reception, and receive and process intake referrals, answer routine inquiries, and book appointments. Process a variety of reports, forms, and correspondence using standard word-processing, spreadsheet and presentation software; maintain client charts and filing systems, and monitors and orders office and clinic supplies, and cleans and sterilizes medical equipment as required.
We’re looking for someone who has worked in a fast-paced environment handling changing priorities and can think on their feet! As this role is client facing, effective communication and customer service skills are also important for success in this position.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of office and community clinic management. Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to operate related equipment and proven word processing skills, ability to create and work with spreadsheets, Microsoft Office documents and clinical databases.
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Business writing skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients/patients, other service providers and the general public.
- Ability to explain clinical contracts, clinic procedures and regulations, to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task, to problem-solve, to take initiative, to anticipate potential problems/conflicts and take appropriate actions, to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to supervise the maintenance of complex clinical records and to prepare statistics/narrative reports from the records.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to participate in meetings.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Knowledge of nursing equipment.
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques and procedures.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Grade 12, medical office assistant course from a recognized institution plus three (3) years’ recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
Our Licensed Practical Nurses have the opportunity to work and float through various in-patient units in our hospital. With a dedicated nurse educator to increase your learning and skills, St. Paul’s is a great place to start your career or continue your nursing journey in acute care!
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project