Clerk IV Respiratory Reception
SummaryReporting to the Manager, Respiratory Services, performs a variety of clerical duties such as transcribing medical reports, reception, booking appointments, and answering telephones.
- Ability to keyboard at 60 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Grade 12, graduation from an approved program in medical stenography plus one year recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Uses a personal computer to work process a variety of materials such as consult reports, medical reports, general correspondence, and patient histories, either from dictation or hand-written draft.
- Schedules and books appointments according to clinic hours, and adjusts as required based on patient needs.
- Maintains filing systems for items such as patient and staff records.
- May be required to complete and maintain billing records and statistics.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties such as answering the telephone, receiving patients, sorting and distributing mail, arranging and confirming appointments, and responding to routine correspondence such as confirmation of appointments and form letters.
- Schedules appointments and meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Providence Health Care provides care for patients at a specialized referral level and a community level at St. Paul’s Hospital and Mount Saint Joseph Hospital.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project