Health Information Management (HIM) provides services for Fraser Health (FH), Providence Health Care (PHC), the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). HIM is a leader in the collection, storage, and use of patient information within British Columbia. Providence Health Care is the lead organization for HIM, and employs over 1,350 HIM staff across Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, the Sea-to-Sky Corridor, the Sunshine Coast and the Regional Cancer Centres (Victoria, Kelowna, Prince George, Abbotsford, Surrey, Vancouver).
Reporting to the Manager, HIM Business Optimization, the BI Developer-Analyst is responsible for developing ETL, reporting, interfacing and other BI or analytical solutions to support the effective use of clinical and operational data by HIM business professionals and other key stakeholders. This role supports the HIM Data Management Program: the process involved in creating, extracting, cleansing, transforming, sharing, protecting, documenting and preserving data. He/she also acts as a liaison to the Information Management, Information Technology (IM/IT) departments at all the Lower Mainland Health Organizations and works in conjunction with them, to resolve systems issues and coordinate activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field plus a minimum of three (3) years of recent, related experience with data modeling, ETL, Microsoft BI tools (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS and Power BI), advanced T-SQL (Microsoft Transact SQL) and analyzing business requirements or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Significant recent experience with coordinating and documenting the change management process for complex information systems. Experience in business analysis and project management is an asset. Strong relationship management and intrapersonal communication skills.
Skills And Abilities:
- A demonstrated knowledge of moving data across multiple platforms using Microsoft Business Intelligence stack: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS (2017) and dashboard design using visualization tool such as Power BI.
- 3+ years writing T-SQL.
- 3+ years programming experience (C#, VB.net, Java, etc.)
- Experience using Python, or other scripting language.
- Hands-on experience in applied machine learning, predictive modeling and analysis can be an asset
- Effectively work in an ETL framework driven environment.
- Strong understanding of HIM business processes and transactional systems within the HIM business domain.
- Ability to understand and prioritize user and business requirements, and to conceptualize information processing solutions in response to them, including analyze, scope and define work effort required to correct program deficiencies and problems.
- Strong background in data architecture, data quality, data mapping, and data structures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OLAP technologies and dimensional modeling.
- Proven ability to interpret data files and record layouts to map fields between multiple systems and database tables.
- Strong understanding of database and business intelligence concepts.
- Proven ability to prepare, maintain and publish ETL documentation, including source-to-target mappings and business-driven transformation rules.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and maintaining high quality standards.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience.
- Proven ability to plan and execute complex projects.
- Ability to work to independently, meeting deadlines under pressure, with minimal supervision and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas/processes in simple terminology to internal and external stakeholders, including all levels of management.
- Strong team player with a client/user orientation.
- Ability to teach, coach and mentor others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Participates in the development lifecycle in HIM Data Management Platform (DMP) including: planning, development, testing, migration and production support development activities.
- In consultation with the BI Architect Lead, provides input into the logical design and development of data models to be used for reporting and information delivery.
- Gathers requirements, designs, develops, validates and supports extraction and integration processes (ETL), reporting and data interfacing solutions.
- Prepares and validates end to end business logic and mappings.
- Responds to ad-hoc, on-demand and scheduled business user information requests as they relate to services and support provided by the business groups.
- Produces and maintains core HIM management reports, departmental dashboards and related management tools.
- Adapts ETL processes as necessary to accommodate changes in source systems and target business user requirements.
- Maintains and administers HIM Performance Indicators data and reports.
- Supports and maintains migration of data to HIM DMP from source systems.
- Develops, maintains and schedules ETL data flows/workflows/jobs, and provides daily support of these processes once implemented.
- Works with business users to gather requirements or validate data integrity/quality.
- Debugs, monitors and troubleshoots technical solutions to resolve production issues.
- Liaises with the Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) at all the Health Organizations and works in conjunction with them to resolve systems issues and coordinate activities.
- Administers security settings and access to the HIM DMP and related systems.
- Supports all business users with the use of HIM DMP tools and in deployment activities such as user acceptance testing, user training, product demos and product evaluation.
- Provides technical direction and guidance to data analysts and/or other staff as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
Do you have keen project coordination and administration skills and passion for social justice and improving healthcare for people who use drugs?…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project