THE VOICE OF ST. PAUL’S FOUNDATION
Promise magazine showcases stories about the innovative care, research, and teaching at St. Paul’s Hospital and Providence Health Care’s hospitals, long-term care homes, and care sites across BC.
From the beginning, PHC has been known for its compassionate care. But we’re also a research and training powerhouse. This issue of Promise explores the virtuous circle we’ve created at the intersection of innovation, teaching, and compassionate patient care.
Each of these stories puts a spotlight on how donor support is fostering meaningful changes in patient care right now. And, how this will underpin the future of health care at the new St. Paul’s Hospital.
Discover how a sky bridge between the new Hospital and the Clinical Support and Research Centre (CSRC) will – quite literally – expedite collaboration between scientists, clinicians, patients, and partners.
Also in this jam-packed issue:
- How our three new heart centres will transform cardiac care for BC’s most complex heart patients;
- How our vision to create the world’s first multidisciplinary Digestive Health Centre will improve the lives of 25,000+ British Columbians living with inflammatory bowel disease;
- How fellowships in addiction medicine – another made-at-St. Paul’s first – are teaching doctors, nurses, social workers, and frontline caregivers to provide life-saving, evidence-based care to patients across the province;
- How the staff at Holy Family Hospital are giving rehabilitation an extreme home makeover to better help people recovering from stroke;
- How a team of Indigenous Wellness Liaisons are bringing cultural, spiritual, and, of course, compassionate support to Indigenous patients at PHC.
Innovation. Ingenuity. Creativity. Compassion. We’re PHC: this is what we do.
Download the full issue or request a complimentary print copy at helpstpauls.com/promise-magazine
View the latest issue here: